Monday, April 9, 2012

Spring Cleanse - Day Three

The first day of the cleanse went pretty well. Nothing odd although I really, really, really, REALLY missed my morning cup of coffee ALOT! I probably drank more water than I have in the past month. So there were numerous bathroom breaks involved in my day's activities. I ended up with a headache towards the end of the day which I'm sure was a combination of lack of caffeine and just being tired.

That night I took my first "night cleanse" pills. Holy-flu-like-symptoms Batman! I spent the rest of the night with hot flashes, getting chills, and my headache got even worse! I was ready to call it quits altogether! By 4 a.m. I was seriously considering putting an entire pot of coffee on and just guzzling caffeine just to stop the pounding in my head! But I held off.

By the time the kids were begging for breakfast at 9:30 a.m., I rolled out of bed and considered heading to a local hospital to get my stomach pumped of these vile herbs and concoctions that were supposed to be making me "feel better". Instead, I did as any good mother would do. I popped frozen pancakes in the toaster, moaned about my lack of coffee, reassured myself that my symptoms were normal, and took my morning cleanse pills. Then I prayed for 12 noon to arrive faster than normal so I could go back to bed after the kids' father picked them up for Easter dinner with his family.

And that's what I did for most of Day Two of my cleanse. I slept. I went to the bathroom. I drank water. A lot of water. I dreamt about coffee, about triple-layer chocolate fudge cake, even about a simple protein bar.  When the boys got home, we all promptly went to bed. I took half my nightly dose of night cleanse pills (which I can do - I read the pamphlet!!). I had a much better night's sleep - not perfect but better.

Which brings us to Day Three. I woke up gloriously without a headache this morning. I went to the bathroom to wash my face and I was completely shocked about what I saw. My face wasn't bloated. My eyes weren't puffy underneath. And let's just say that they usually are around this time. Even my eyes seemed a bit brighter. Obviously, it could be just the amount of water I'm drinking but it was a motivating change to see! I went downstairs and happily consumed my cleanse pills, had my breakfast, and went on with my day. I still pined for my morning cup of coffee but I was OK about it.

Now I'm looking forward to what the next few days will bring. I just hope that the flu-like symptoms are over now. I have little desire to experience that again!

No comments:

Post a Comment