Saturday, April 7, 2012

Spring Cleaning

I've started to run again. Still not as much as I would like to but the running bug has bitten me again and I can't wait to get outside. I'm having issues finding the time to run again but I've also just moved so my schedule seems tighter than normal.

Excuses, excuses....ok, I know!

I also recently made the decision to attempt a "cleanse". I did my research (for those who know me, that shouldn't be a surprise) extensively on the topic. I weighed out the pros and cons (no wine, alcohol, beer, COFFEE, dairy, etc.) and in the end decided that the potential health benefits were too many to ignore.

I'm hoping to achieve a few things from this cleanse. A better overall feeling, less fatigue, less bloating, and a cleaner, healthier colon! And of course I'd like to think this will help my running by increasing my energy.

So here I am on day one. I've been told the first 3-5 days are the most difficult so I'm bracing myself. So far so good. I should probably take the 4 or 5 Heinken that are still in my fridge out so there is less temptation to crack one open in the midst of my upcoming "difficulties".

I have and haven't picked the best two weeks to do this cleanse. (Is anything ever simple in my life?). The next eight days is passover and I'm not supposed to be eating anything "leavened" anyway. So no bread, cookies, cakes, etc. Made good sense to me to start a cleanse when many of the exclusions are already excluded!  Next weekend will be 100-miler race number four for my amazing man Scott. I'm hoping I can keep the cleanse going over the weekend. There will be so many temptations to eat whatever is there and drink coffee to stay awake! So, I'm hoping those that are crewing with me, will also keep me in line! (hint, hint!)

One of the other items I am supposed to do on this cleanse is exercise. Now I must run. Its part of the daily regime! No excuses!

I'm going to blog about my cleanse every few days. A few good friends are interested in how things go. I won't go into specifics so that others are not grossed out! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment